Residential Waste & Recycling Pickup Services
Local Trash Removal Services
Shifflett’s Waste Services welcomes you to our locally-owned and family-run business. With over fifty years in the waste management industry, we guarantee the most consistent and highly professional residential waste and recycling pick up service in the area.
Our local trash service provides you with curbside trash pickup, curbside recycling pickup, and bulk pick up. You can use your own cans or we can provide a sturdy, 95-gallon, wheeled trash can and a 65-gallon recycling cart. Our curbside waste removal is hassle-free. We go the extra mile to pick up fallen trash or items left next to your garbage cans. Our recycling service is a single stream recycling program, meaning you can place all acceptable items in one can without having to sort them. Explore our FAQ page to learn more about the items we do and do not recycle. Our bulk pickup service will allow you to get rid of larger unwanted items without having to haul them all the way to the dump. To ensure the optimum waste management experience we kindly ask that you place all trash and recycling curbside the night before. This helps to make certain we get your trash picked up on the appointed day.
*We pre-bill monthly. Your bill will be sent via USPS unless you are enrolled in ACH.
Curbside Trash Pickup:
Let us be your local partner in managing your daily waste collection and garbage needs. We provide scheduled curbside trash pick up, with exceptional service and reliable staff to ensure our community is conveniently kept clean. Interested in our services? Contact us today!
Scheduled Curbside Pick Up Involves:
- Using Personal Cans or Shifflett’s Waste Services’s 95-gallon cart we provide
- Carts placed at the curbside the night before service day
- Place all bulk items to be removed together
- Any other items left outside of the cart bagged or boxed and left nearby
- Limit yard waste to 10-12 lawn & leaf bags per pickup
- Tree debris be less than 3ft long and bundled
Trash We Can’t Take:
- Large appliances with Freon
- Asbestos Shingles or similar materials
- Dead animals
- Auto, Truck or Motorcycle rims, tires, batteries
- Water Heaters
- Large Stumps or cut wood, creosote wood
- Bulk chemicals (55 gallon paint, cleaning fluids) Dried or hard contents are OK
- Bulk iron, machinery or metal
- Concrete, rocks, stone or bricks
- Construction debris
For Curbside Recycling Pickup:
We want to allow you to keep your home in Fredericksburg and the surrounding communities environmentally-friendly, with our easily available curbside recycling services. No need to sort your recycling, our process allows you to collect all your recycling in the same bin. Contact us if you’re interested in our curbside recycling services.
Scheduled Recycling Pick Up Involves:
- Personal Cans or provided Shifflett’s Waste Services’ 65-gallon cart
- Single Stream Program, so you don’t have to sort
- Any additional recyclables left outside of cart bagged or boxed and left nearby
- Carts laced curbside the night before service day
Items we can’t take with recycling:
- Regular Trash
- Caps or Lids
- Yard Waste
For Bulk Pickup:
Sometimes you need to get large or bulky items out of your house. If you have an item that doesn’t fit in your waste cart, schedule a bulk pick up and we’ll take care of it quickly and conveniently. All you have to do is schedule the pickup, take it to the side of your curb, with your normal garbage, and we’ll take care of the rest.
Scheduled Curbside Bulk Pick Up Involves:
- Items that cannot be removed with regular household waste
- Contact our friendly staff to schedule the removal arrangements
- Pricing based on items
- Washer or Dryer
- Mattress or Boxspring
- Basketball Hoops
- Car Tires
- Water Heater
- Large pieces of Wood
- Car Batteries
For Back Door Pickup:
Unable to haul your trash to the curb? No problem, we offer a special service where we pick up your trash from the side of your home. Instead of rolling your Shifflett’s cart to the front of your house for curbside pick up, just leave it on your back porch or the side of your home and we’ll do the hauling for you! Call us today to learn more about this service, or to have it add to your regular trash pick up services.